Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Case Study No. 1775: Sinbad Vraj

The Lost Librarian
5:58
Meet Sinbad Vraj, a lost individual with an incredible past life who finds comfort and a reason to live through spending all of his time in his local library.

Chiraag Patel as Sinbad Vraj
Marcus Noble as Interviewer
Directed by Marcus Noble
Written by Chiraag Patel, Marcus Noble & Mohamoud Santos
Filmed by Qes Ahmed & Mohamoud Santos
Sound by Mahamoud Santos & Qes Ahmed
Edited by Chiraag Patel, Marcus Noble & Mohamoud Santos

Check out our new website http://www.2noble-entertain ment.co.uk/
(Facebook: Add Marble Still, & Rakeem Ashaye Noble)
(Twitter: Follow immarcusnoble, SugarShayeNoble)
(Like us: http://www.face book.com/pages/NobleTelevision/ 159624296508?v=wall)

http://www.2noble-entertain ment.co.uk/shop - LOST MY MARBLE:S TSHIRTS NOW IN STOCK. SMALL, MEDIUM & LARGE IN BLACK AND GREEN AND BLACK AND PINK. ?10 INCLUDING POSTAGE AND PACKAGING TO ANYWHERE IN THE UK!
Tags: chiraag patel marcus claude noble qes ahmed moody santos nobletelevision 2noble entertainment the lost librarian
Added: 3 years ago
From: NobleTelevision
Views: 3,391

[scene opens in the BRIT School Library, as the camera opens on a man's sneaker (with a hole in it) before panning up to show a young man reading a book]
SINBAD: [in voice over] My name is Sinbad. Uh ...
[cut to Sinbad sitting in another part of the library (where two female librarians at the front desk can be seen in the background), talking directly to the camera]
SINBAD: I was a ... I was a scientist. Uh, back when--
[he stutters]
SINBAD: Well, I was a scientist. I'm now working part time in the library.
[cut to Sinbad shelving some books (seemingly at random)]
SINBAD: [in voice over] Um, unpaid ... Uh, I was a physicist. Uh, I discovered string theory, and I wrote a book about it. Um, and that got published.
[cut back to Sinbad speaking directly to the camera]
SINBAD: By my friend ... by my friend Ryan.
[cut to Sinbad standing in the library, looking down at the ground with a sad look on his face]
SINBAD: [in voice over] And it became a ... well, a best seller. In the science world.
[Sinbad lifts his head (but doesn't look at the camera]
SINBAD: The publisher of my book. Um, he ... he died. I knew him for about--
[he takes a deep breath]
SINBAD: Two days.
[cut to Sinbad standing in another part of the library, speaking directly to the camera]
SINBAD: I spend quite ... Uh, I mean, most of my time in the library.
[cut to Sinbad standing in another part of the library, speaking directly to the camera]
INTERVIEWER: [from off camera] So, uh, are they any books that you actually haven't read here?
[he pauses, then slowly shakes his head]
SINBAD: Not that I know of.
[cut back to Sinbad speaking directly to the camera]
SINBAD: Today, in ... at work--
[cut to Sinbad running through the library and grabbing a book from one of the shelves]
SINBAD: [in voice over] It was, uh, not a good day. There was, um ... there was a dispute with the librarian. Uh, there was a new book
[he angrily brings it over to one of the female librarians (short brown hair, glasses, blue blouse, blue jeans) at the front desk]
SINBAD: [in voice over] Which shouldn't, which shouldn't have never ... crossed through the doors.
[he holds the book up to the librarian]
SINBAD: Excuse me ...
LIBRARIAN: Mm hmm?
SINBAD: When was this ordered?
[she looks over the book]
LIBRARIAN: Uh, yesterday.
SINBAD: [pause] Right. This ... this should not belong in this library.
LIBRARIAN: Uh, what?
SINBAD: In that section.
LIBRARIAN: Why?
[he stares at the cover for a moment, then drops the book on the desk and walks away]
[cut back to Sinbad speaking directly to the camera]
SINBAD: My favorite spot in the library is my camoflage spot.
[cut to Sinbad sticking his head in the book carousel stand]
INTERVIEWER: [from off camera] S-Sinbad, could you tell us what you're doing?
[Sinbad (whose body is clearly visible) does not remove his head from the carousel]
SINBAD: I'm ... I'm hiding.
[cut to Sinbad sitting in another part of the library (with a sad look on his face), then back to him speaking directly to the camera]
SINBAD: [in voice over] And basically, I go there when I'm feeling ... angry. Or emotionally compromised.
[cut to Sinbad standing in another part of the library, speaking directly to the camera]
INTERVIEWER: [from off camera] So, um, have you actually worked here? Or do you work here?
SINBAD: [pause] I like to think I work here ... Uh, yes.
[cut to Sinbad reading another book]
SINBAD: [in voice over] I work to help people. Um, I've read all the books in the library.
[cut back to Sinbad speaking directly to the camera]
SINBAD: Also, I help as many people as I can ... Um, for example, when people are looking for books.
[cut to Sinbad standing next to a male patron looking at a bookshelf, when he reaches over and grabs a book at random, then hands the book to the patron (while barely looking at him)]
SINBAD: That's the book you're looking for ... It's published by John Ryan.
STUDENT: Thanks.
[Sinbad pauses, then looks away]
SINBAD: You're welcome.
[cut to Sinbad sitting down in another part of the library]
INTERVIEWER: [from off camera] So, um, Sinbad, tell us. Have you got a girlfriend?
[he fidgets nervously in the chair]
SINBAD: Um ... Yes, I did. Have a girlfriend. Um--
[he suddenly reaches over (without looking) and grabs a book off the nearby shelf]
SINBAD: Her name was Christine Gledhill. She wrote this book.
[he holds the cover up to the camera]
SINBAD: "Home Is Where the Heart Is," it's one of my favorites because ... I feel the library's my home, and my heart is here.
[cut back to Sinbad speaking directly to the camera]
SINBAD: I try to give my knowledge and expertise on ... every subject I can.
[cut to Sinbad picking a newspaper up off the floor and placing it back on the rack]
SINBAD: [in voice over] I basically work for myself, and for the library ... Uh, to better the library.
INTERVIEWER: [from off camera] So, what're you actually doing there?
[Sinbad turns, startled]
SINBAD: Oh! I'm sorry ... Pardon?
INTERVIEWER: [from off camear] What were you actually doing there?
SINBAD: Oh, I was ... The library was messy, so I fixed it.
[he turns and leaves, then cut to Sinbad picking up a loose nut fastener off the floor and putting it in his pocket]
INTERVIEWER: [from off camera] Um, can you tell us a bit about your social life. How many friends do you have?
SINBAD: Oh, I've got lots of friends. Uh ... My best friend, uh, Brad Pitt. H-His section is over here.
[he quickly walks over to the DVD section]
SINBAD: The, uh, the movie section. Uh, it's here ...
[he stops himself before he opens one of the shelves]
SINBAD: Actually, I won't ... He, he does not want to be disturbed right now.
[cut to anotehr shot of Sinbad standing in front of the DVD section, with a sad look on his face]
SINBAD: I used to have a life. A good one. Back in, back in the Nineties. When m-my book ... Y-You can find it. Just not in this library. Brings back too many bad memories.
[cut back to Sinbad sitting near the front desk, as he turns away from the camera]
SINBAD: [in voice over] My book was my life.
[cut to Sinbad carrying a step stool through the library]
SINBAD: [in voice over] Now, these books are my life.

The Lost Librarian

Chiraag Patel as Sinbad Vraj
Marcus Noble as Interviewer
Mohamoud Santos as Student in Library

Directed by Marcus Noble
Written by Chiraag Patel, Marcus Noble & Mohamoud Santos

Filmed by Qes Ahmed & Mohamoud Santos
Sound by Mohamoud Santos & Qes Ahmed
Edited by Chiraag Patel, Marcus Noble & Mohamoud Santos

[cut to a shot of Sinbad rubbing up against one of the bookshelves, when he looks up and notices the camera on him]
SINBAD: Uh ...
[he quickly turns and walks away]

No comments:

Post a Comment