Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Case Study No. 1714: Mandy and Sean

Overdue for Pleasure (Unabridged) Audio Book
5:30
http://www.qb ba.com/book/31779/ overdue-for-pleasure-unabridged/
Mandy is content with her job as a librarian, her longtime boyfriend, Martin, and the lovely home they share. So what if their sex life is vanilla Shes not the wild type anyway....
Tags: audiobook qbba.com shelley aikens carina press baker
Added: 2 years ago
From: AudioBooksish
Views: 10

I stared at myself in the staff washroom mirror. I looked like the same person, with a bit messier hair and flushed cheeks. But I didn't feel the same. I straightened my hair, smoothed my skirt, washed my hands. I was starting to feeling more like myself, as though I was just waking up from a strange dream. I took a deep breath, forced a casual smile onto my lips, and headed for the locker room.

Sean was just putting his lunch in the microwave as I entered. He nodded at me, smiled slightly. "Did you have a busy morning?" he asked as he waited for his lunch to heat. "It looked like you barely had a chance to sit down all morning."

His voice was almost too casual, his face expressionless. Had he seen something back there? No, I was definitely being paranoid.

"It was kind of busy later on, yeah," I answered. I got my lunch out of the fridge and sat down at the table. "How about you? Busy?"

He shrugged. "Yeah, there were a lot of books to shelve. Seems like I was everywhere at once today." Again his voice was studiously casual, his attention seemingly riveted on his lunch.

He sat down in the chair beside me, which was a bit odd, as there were a number of other places to sit. As if to explain his action, he pointed to the tabloid magazine on the table in front of us. "Can you believe that she is screwing two guys at once?" he asked about the starlet on the cover.

I looked up at him, stunned at his language. While it wasn't exactly scandalous to use the word "slut", it was definitely not the way Sean usually talked at work.

I shrugged. "Maybe they're all okay with it?" I offered.

I noticed that Sean's chair was so close to mine that the side of his leg was actually touching my knee. I tried to edge away, but there was nowhere to go without being completely obvious and rude. Oh well, I didn't really mind sitting close to Sean. He was so sweet and easygoing, and when he was acting like himself - which he definitely wasn't right now - I liked him a lot. He seemed nervous, preoccupied, even a bit angry, fiddling with the edge of his napkin.

"Hey, Sean, is there something bothering you?"

He looked up sharply. "No, it's nothing important. It's just that-" He broke off, looking intensely at me. "It's just that I saw you with that guy, in the stacks."

I drew in my breath, felt myself turning red. "Oh my God, I don't know what I-I mean, it was stupid. Oh God, you must think I'm such a loser." Tears of humiliation stung my eyes.

He put his hands on my shoulders. "It's not that. I don't think that." His words came out in a rush. "It's just - well - why didn't you tell me you and Martin broke up? I thought we were friends." He had a hurt look in his eyes and his grip tightened on my shoulders, almost like he was about to start shaking me. Instead he slowly relaxed his hands and let them trail down my arms. "Friends tell each other things like that, don't they?" he asked gently.

I looked away, not sure how to respond. Obviously Martin and I hadn't broken up, but if I told Sean that, he would think I was a slut. Not to mention I was acting unprofessionally at work, which was not the most effective approach to career development. But then again, I didn't want to lie to him either. After all, Sean was right - we were friends, and friends shouldn't lie to each other.

I hesitated, took a deep breath, and told him the truth. Well, a thin slice of the truth, anyway.

"Martin and I are - well, we're having problems," I mumbled. That much was true at least. I didn't say that the main problem was that things were so cookie-cutter perfect I was starting to feel like it would be a death sentence to settle down with him: death by boredom. Sean was looking at me expectantly, so I went on. "We, um, thought it might help if we started seeing other people, so I went out with that guy the other day." The lies were sliding out easily now - too easily, I thought. "I tried to tell him it wouldn't work out between us, but he's a bit pushy, you know." I fiddled with the hem of my skirt as I thought for a moment. "I guess he thought he could come here and have one last chance to convince me or something." I gave a halfhearted laugh, watching Sean to see if he bought my extremely weird and, to my ears, very unconvincing story.

He looked angry and concerned at the same time, but not skeptical, I noted in surprise. "Did he hurt you? Did he try to force you?" he hissed.

"Um, no, not really," I said quickly. "I think he got the message in the end. He probably won't bother me anymore."

"Geez, Mandy, you've got to be more careful," Sean frowned. "You've had problems with stalkers before. I'd hate to think that you're in danger again."

I thought back to the guy who had been my so-called stalker back in my early days at the library. He was a harmless guy, just a kid barely out of his teens who used to stop by every day and sit beside my desk and watch me for hours on end. Eventually I'd had to talk to him, which had been excruciatingly embarrassing for both of us. He hadn't come back since, and I'd learned to be a bit less personable when I interacted with male patrons. Well, except for Mr. SparklyEyes, I reminded myself with a blush. So much for professional distance.

---

From amazon.com:

Overdue For Pleasure
Shelley Aikens (Author)
Publication Date: November 1, 2010

Mandy is content with her job as a librarian, her longtime boyfriend, Martin, and the lovely home they share. So what if their sex life is vanilla? She's not the wild type anyway.

But when she wakes up one morning - unsatisfied - from an erotic dream starring her favorite movie star, Mandy starts to crave sexual adventure in real life. Too bad Martin won't oblige, because it's not Tuesday or Friday. Then Mandy finds out what Martin's been doing the other days of the week - or rather, who. And suddenly she needs to prove to herself that she's not boring in bed.

Fortunately, there is no shortage of smoking-hot men willing to help her on her sensual quest: a nameless library patron who could be Brad Pitt's twin, a coworker she suddenly sees in a different light, and the neighbor who usually rubs her the wrong way wants to show her he can rub her the oh-so-right way, too! Lucky for Mandy, her lovers are more than willing to share...

---

From shelleyaikens.com:

Brad's tongue on my nipple was soft, pulling it up to an aching peak inside his beautiful mouth, his hand travelling down my body, tempting me with its slow, circling progress. I arched my hips toward him, trying to hurry his fingers towards my hungry, wet cunt, but still his fingers stayed teasingly out of reach. I moaned in frustration, surprised when I heard an echoing moan coming from the next room. Brad seemed oblivious to the sound, his hand and mouth continuing to travel across my body, his sparkling blue eyes smiling as my frustration mounted.

Gradually, the distant echo became clearer - it sounded like someone was in the next room, singing badly out of key. As the singing got louder, Brad's touch started to lighten, to fade away, as though he was nothing more than a ghost. And then suddenly he was gone, and the singing was now even louder than ever.

I opened my eyes with a groan of understanding - it had been nothing more than a dream and, sadly, Brad Pitt wasn't really here in my bed seducing me. The only man around was my boyfriend Martin, who was in the bathroom belting out a Rolling Stones song: "I can't get noooo satisfaction..."

I sighed as the truth of the words struck me. I could feel how turned on I was, how frustrated. Nothing like almost having sex with Brad Pitt first thing in the morning to get a girl hot and bothered, I thought. I reached down to satisfy the ache, but I knew that I needed more than just an orgasm. I needed to be fucked as hard as possible, as soon as possible.

But I knew that it would be a long shot to get Martin interested in sex right now. After all, it wasn't Friday or Tuesday evening, or Sunday afternoon, which were his preferred times for sex. But then again, what man would ever turn down sex?

I could hear the shower running and knew that I had a few minutes, so I ran down to the guest bathroom, quickly brushed my teeth and hair, and assessed my naked body in the mirror. Not bad, I thought; most guys wouldn't turn me away. Thin but not too thin, curvy but not too curvy, average height, strong and fit, with breasts that were large but not too large, an ass that wasn't too lumpy, and my favorite asset of all - my long, shapely Rockettes legs, my one and only vanity.

I decided that I looked pretty good for first thing in the morning, my long, brown hair falling halfway down my back, a bit frizzy but free of tangles now, my lightly-freckled face and blue eyes looking unusually fresh and awake after a not-quite-sufficient sleep last night and a somewhat restless awakening. I guess making out with Brad Pitt does a body good.

Confident I was working with the best I had, I went back to the master bathroom, where Martin was just stepping out of the shower. He smiled at me, his sparkling-white, expensively-capped teeth flashing. "Good morning, darling!" he chimed, as usual at his perky best first thing in the morning.

I smiled in return, giving him a lingering kiss on the lips. "Good morning, honey. Thanks for the serenade."

He gave a cheesy grin and sang a few more bars of the song as he dried himself, doing a little striptease-type dance with the towel. Almost sexy - mostly ridiculous, but in my current state, pretty much any reasonably fit naked man would turn me on. And Martin had a very nice body, which he kept in good shape by going to the gym five days a week, lifting weights (but not so much that he would look bulky under his suits), playing squash (to keep up that competitive edge), and working out on the elliptical machine (to stay toned and keep up his endurance). Basically, he had the body of a swimmer or a biker - nothing remarkable, but very easy to look at.

I stepped toward him as he finished his dance, letting my eyes travel down his body. "Speaking of not getting any satisfaction," I said suggestively, letting my fingers travel down his body toward his crotch. I kissed him again slowly, pulling his cock into my hands, feeling it start to thicken against my touch. He kissed me back for a moment, running his hands up and down my back before pulling away.

"Darling, you know I'd love to, but I'm in such a rush this morning." He looked regretful, but also a tiny bit annoyed. "How about a rain check - tomorrow night?"

I sighed. Tomorrow was Tuesday, Martin's usual scheduled time for intercourse. I gave a small smile. "Sure, Martin, we can wait until tomorrow." He went back to singing the song, slapping me on my ass as I walked back into the bedroom. I felt a bit glum - I knew that Martin loved me, but sex didn't seem to be very high on his list of priorities. Two nights a week and Sunday afternoons, standard missionary position, except on Friday night, when we might mix it up a bit. It wasn't that sex with him was awful, but it wasn't mind-blowingly wonderful, Brad Pitt-style sex either.

I glanced at the clock and frowned. Now I didn't even have enough time left for some self-satisfaction before work. But looking on the bright side, I didn't really feel like it anymore. If only I could have slept just a bit longer, Brad would have taken care of me... Oh well, at least I knew my trusty vibrator was waiting for me when I got home from work - it would never let me down.

A few hours later, at the public library where I worked, I had almost managed to forget about Brad - that is, until a man who could have been his identical twin showed up at the reference desk, smiling down at me, his eyes sparkling bright blue.

I had seen him in the library before and had spoken to him a few times. But we hadn't had a real conversation until now, and I found myself surprisingly tongue-tied - he was so good-looking that I was thrown off balance and could never think of anything even remotely interesting to say.

Luckily, the conversation came around to professional matters. He was looking for a book, which I easily found in the catalogue. "Well, it looks like you're in luck, we do have that book here," I said as I scribbled down the call number. "It's at the back of the library - would you like me to show you where it is?"

"Thanks, that would be great. I can never seem to find anything in this place."

I led the way to the back of the library, a dozen butterflies flittering through my stomach. I didn't know why this man wanted a book about the Estonian revolution, but I didn't like to pry. When we reached the section of the library, this book was on the highest shelf, too high for me to reach. I grabbed a step stool and climbed up to find it.

I was feeling a bit self-conscious, as I had decided to wear a very short skirt that day. I just hadn't been able to resist - it was such a warm and sunny day that I'd been compelled to wear my new strappy sandals, which really looked fabulous with this tiny skirt. I stretched up to retrieve the book then turned to show it to the man. He was standing very close to me, almost touching my leg.

He offered up his hand. "Need some help getting down?" he asked.

Of course I didn't, but something in his voice had me putting my hand in his, leaning against him as I stepped down. I was close enough to him that my skirt brushed against his jacket on the way down, riding up even higher on my leg. With one of my hands in his and the other holding the book, I pretended not to notice, leaving my thigh exposed for a few moments. Why did I do that?

I could see his eyes were cast downward, but in the dim light of the stacks it was hard to tell what he was looking at. Not hard to imagine, though. I pulled my hand away from his and straightened my skirt. "Is this the book you were looking for?" I asked in my best helpful librarian voice.

He glanced at it and nodded. "Thank you for finding it for me. I've been wanting to read that for a long time."

I squinted at the dusty cover of the book. Really?

He was still standing very close to me, so I took a discreet step backward. But then, for a reason I couldn't explain, I felt myself drifting back towards him. His eyes were locked on mine.

"Is there anything else I can get for you?" I said softly.

He smiled. "I feel like I should get something for you," he said. "Maybe you have time for a coffee?"

Oops, I was tongue-tied again. Mr. Sparkly-Eyes was asking me out? For real? "Oh no, don't worry about it, this is my job, after all."

He took my left hand again and glanced at it. "You're not married," he said.

I just stared at him, at his beautiful smile that looked so much like the one I remembered from my dream last night, full of mischief and admiration and, yes, at least a bit of lust.

"And of course, we can always drink tea if you don't like coffee." His eyes were sparkling again, and he continued to hold my hand in his.

I was inches away from him, my left leg almost touching his. Who was this guy? Not quite a total stranger, but close enough. Oh, but he was so incredibly hot.

I glanced up at him, deliberating for a moment. It was almost my lunch break, after all. "I do like coffee," I said slowly. "But I don't really know you or anything..." My protests were thin, my voice trailing off.

"Not yet," he smiled. "But that's what the coffee is for."

I hesitated for a moment.

"Or maybe you'd rather get to know each other some other way?" He leaned even closer, his sparkly eyes locked on mine.

My stomach flipped; I couldn't turn away. I didn't want to. I lifted my head, not thinking of anything at all. His lips brushed against mine, softly at first, then harder. He tasted like coconut and sunshine and a hint of cinnamon, just like I imagined Brad Pitt would taste in my fantasies. My lips parted, and all I could think about was how to make this moment last longer.

His hand tightened around mine, pulling me closer as the kiss deepened. My breasts pressed against his chest. Man, this guy could kiss. His other hand slid around my back, skimming the bottom of my skirt, strong and hot against my thigh. I couldn't believe it. I felt my leg rising to curl around his leg, his hand sliding further up my thigh, cupping my ass in his big hands, his long fingers brushing against the edge of my panties. As I was wearing a thong, that was no small accomplishment.

I half-heartedly pushed away from him, murmuring, "But we're in the library..."

He grinned at me. "Does anybody ever come to this dark corner of the library? Does anybody ever read these old books? Ever?"

I couldn't believe it - he had set me up. Of course he hadn't wanted to read about the Estonian revolution. He had just wanted to get me alone in the darkest corner of the library in my short skirt so he could hypnotize me with his sparkly eyes and take advantage of me.

I felt outraged, but only for a second. Then I started to feel something else, something rather like pride, or power. We were in a deserted corner of the library, and this guy was extremely hot. I pulled him towards me with a rush of desire, leaning against the bookshelves and hooking my leg around his again.

"Oh my God," he murmured as we started kissing again. I could feel his hard cock against my thigh. I was getting so wet, just thinking about pulling it out of his jeans, stroking the warm, soft skin and feeling the throbbing hardness against my fingers. My hands moved toward his belt buckle, automatically. But something was penetrating my awareness - what was it? A squeaking sound, like the one our library's book trucks made. It was getting closer. A lot closer.

Abruptly I pushed him away, straightening my skirt and smoothing my hair just as Sean, one of our librarians, wheeled the book truck into the aisle.

"So, is there anything else I can help you with, sir?" I said politely, unable to resist a quick, longing glance at his crotch.

"Um, no, this is great, thank you. Um, I think I'll just browse through the other books on the shelf here. Thanks again for your help."

"Oh, no problem." I peeked at Sean, who appeared to be ignoring us as he reached down to slide a book onto a low shelf. As I walked towards him, he looked up. There was a strange look in his eyes - was it suspicion? Anger? Or was I just being paranoid?

"Hey Sean, I think I'm going to take my lunch now," I said as I got closer to him.

He nodded. "I was about to go for lunch too. If you don't mind waiting while I shelve these last three books, maybe we can go together?"

I stopped myself from glancing wistfully at Mr. Sparkly-Eyes and forced a cheerful smile. "Sure, Sean, I'll meet you in the staff room." I walked away without looking behind me. Wow, that was a close one. What had gotten into me back there? And why didn't I feel at all relieved at my narrow escape?

About Shelley Aikens
Shelley Aikens is a writer and librarian living in Vancouver, Canada. She grew up on a farm and is constantly torn between living a quiet life as a librarian and following her adventurous spirit around the world. She has visited libraries in Nepal, New Zealand, Belgium, Scotland, and Anguilla, but so far, none have been quite as interesting as the one she writes about in Overdue for Pleasure.

Shelley loves road trips, Bollywood movies, secondhand stores, and long hikes in the woods (though she'd rather not walk UPHILL if she can help it). In her spare time, she makes quilts for her cats to snooze on and tries to teach her dog circus tricks. She also spends a good portion of her time reading books on the beach and dreaming up steamy scenes for her next erotic novel.

Overdue for Pleasure is her first erotic novel, though it is already not her last. Keep an eye out for Shelley's upcoming books, which are hopefully just as addictively steamy as the first one...

No comments:

Post a Comment