Monday, July 7, 2014

Case Study No. 1425: Wataru Aikawa and Rinko Kobayakawa (student library workers)

LovePlus - Takane Manaka [Episode Three: The Librarian]
13:26
Sorry if this is late. The Content ID is what prevented me for quite some time. We all know that it's making YouTube partners mad especially when the ID is said to match content of, oh... I dunno: YouTube users, False claims of the game developers, and among other things.
I didn't want to upload during the time of this controversy, but I had to bring up the DS videos since I pledged to return to them now that I can't play SIF anymore... It's sad, but well... we need to deal with it. At the very least though, I'm just an independent account doing what I feel is best.
So, with enough rambling about the Content ID, I'd like to take the liberty to bring back LovePlus, with Takane Manaka.
Oh, and maybe a bit of Nene and the new girl we meet up with, Rinko.

This Friday: Nora to Toki no Kobo: Kiri to Nori no Majo Episode Six

LovePlus is a property of Konami Digital Entertainment.
The Idolm@ster is a property of Namco Bandai Games, Namco, and Project IM@S for the game, with the anime being a property of A-1 Pictures and Aniplex.
All represented clips shown in the outro are all properties of their respective owners.
No copyright infringement was intended. This video was covered under Fair Use.
Tags: LovePlus Takane Manaka Walkthrough Konami (Business Operation) Nintendo DS
Added: 6 months ago
From: ark7298
Views: 80

[scene opens in the hallway of Towano High School]
WATARU AIKAWA: [to himself] I wonder why the teacher suddenly called for me. Guess I'll head to the staff room ...
[the screen goes black]
WATARU AIKAWA: [to himself] I'll be leaving now.
[the sound of a door opening can be heard]
WATARU AIKAWA: [to himself] I've been appointed to the library committee. I was told they're short on library committee members at the moment. I've only just transferred, though ...
[cut to a shot of a stairwell]
WATARU AIKAWA: [to himself] But if I become a member, I can probably make some more friends ... It's a bit of a hassle, but I should try it out.
[cut back to the hallway, where two girls are standing in front of a door]
WATARU AIKAWA: [to himself] I'm in the library committee from now on. Let's see ...
GIRL A: Geez, I've had it! I was just chatting a little bit.
GIRL B: You know, she's like that in class too. Saying you can't come and go, just who does she think she is?
WATARU AIKAWA: [to himself] ... ?
[cut to inside of the school library]
WATARU AIKAWA: [to himself] Hmm, even though it's a respectable library, it's empty and a bit cold ... There should be another library committee who is a first year student. Is that her?
[cut to a still image of a young female student (short black hair, blue sweatshirt, blue skirt, earbuds) shelving a book with a picture of what appears to be Edgar Allan Poe on the cover]
WATARU AIKAWA: [to himself] It must be. There's no one else around.
[he addresses the girl]
WATARU AIKAWA: Hey, do you have a moment?
[cut to a shot of the female student standing there looking at him, with her arms folded]
WATARU AIKAWA: [to himself] Whoa, she's cute ... Looks like I'll enjoy my school life! Or wait--
[she says nothing]
WATARU AIKAWA: I am a second year, Wataru Aikawa. I just transferred here, and I'll be in the library committee from now on.
RINKO KOBAYAKAWA: [pause] And?
WATARU AIKAWA: Well ... You're the first year committee, right? What's your name?
RINKO KOBAYAKAWA: Kobayakawa Rinko.
WATARU AIKAWA: I see, let's get along ... Can I help with anything?
[she shakes her head]
RINKO KOBAYAKAWA: No need.
WATARU AIKAWA: Don't hold back. I'll do anything.
RINKO KOBAYAKAWA: Then do the winter arranging of all the shelves.
WATARU AIKAWA: All of them ... You can't mean all of these. Seriously?
RINKO KOBAYAKAWA: Seriously.
[the screen goes black (as the sound of footsteps can be heard), then cut back to the library as Rinko is gone]
WATARU AIKAWA: [to himself] Now ... International literature shelves are done! Hah!
[Rinko walks back into the scene]
WATARU AIKAWA: How is it going over there? It's gotten cold. Let's head home soon.
RINKO KOBAYAKAWA: [pause] You did all of these?
WATARU AIKAWA: Yeah, I made pretty good progress, right?
RINKO KOBAYAKAWA: One question.
WATARU AIKAWA: ?
RINKO KOBAYAKAWA: If you want to quit, I'll tell the teacher for you.
WATARU AIKAWA: Why? No, I don't want to quit.
RINKO KOBAYAKAWA: [pause] Tsk.
WATARU AIKAWA: W-What is it?
RINKO KOBAYAKAWA: The winter arranging of all the shelves was a lie. There's no such thing ... Bye.
[the screen goes black again, as the sound of footsteps can be heard]
WATARU AIKAWA: What!?
[he pauses]
WATARU AIKAWA: [to himself] I think I'll enjoy my school life ... maybe?

---

From wikipedia.org:

LovePlus (Jap. "Rabu Purasu") is a dating sim developed and published by Konami for the Nintendo DS handheld video game console. Released on September 3, 2009 only in Japan.

The game is split into two parts. The first part consists of fairly standard dating sims fare: the player attempts to woo the affection of one of the three datable girls. If the player is successful in this endeavor, the second part of the game begins.

After successfully courting the girl, the player can text her, call her (via the DS microphone), initiate skinship or kiss her when appropriate (via the DS touchscreen), and essentially continue dating her. This part of the game can be played in "real time mode": the game (and by extension the girl) become "aware" of the real date and time. Thus, if a player decides to date a girl on next Sunday at a pre-arranged time at the zoo, the player needs to "be there" on Sunday, or she will get mad. "Real time mode" also enables certain special events, including date-based events, such as Valentine's Day, birthdays, and Christmas.

---

From wikia.com:

Rinko Kobayakawa
Japanese Name: Kobayakawa Rinko
Year: Freshman
Blood Type: B
Birthday: August 17th
Sign: Leo
Interests: Reading, Music (Western Music, specifically London Punk), Game (Fighter), Cats.
Voice Actress: Sakura Tange

As you are forced to become a member of the library committee, you meet up with Rinko, who is a freshman, but a senior committee member. Rinko constantly wears earphones and an attitude to keep people away.

Rinko's attitude stems from her feeling alienated and unwanted in her home after her father remarried, bringing a new mother and younger brother into the house. "Whenever I am home, the atmosphere darkens", as Rinko described. She wanders the streets after school, avoiding going back to an unwelcoming home. That's because her father remarried another woman, having a new brother. However, Rinko cannot accept that and does not return home. Like she says in the game, it's all her fault.

The character concept was taken from Haruki Murakami's "Dance, Dance, Dance" character "Yuki".

No comments:

Post a Comment