Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Case Study No. 1055: "A Custodian of Human Knowledge"

The Librarian
1:54
A librarian comes to the assistance of a book lover.
Tags: xtranormal
Added: 1 year ago
From: MrChrismaybury
Views: 7,376

[two bears are standing out in a field]
BEAR LIBRARIAN: Hello, welcome to the library. I'm a librarian. I'm a custodian of human knowledge. An expert in the storage and the retrieval of vital information. One of the pillars supporting the entire edifice of civilization. How may I help you?
BEAR PATRON: I want that book. It's by the man who wrote the other one ... You know, the really good one.
BEAR LIBRARIAN: If you know the name of this man, I can quickly come to your assistance by listing the two or more titles of which he is the author.
BEAR PATRON: I don't know his name. I thought that you knew ... You're the librarian. You know about books, don't you?
BEAR LIBRARIAN: If you know the name of the book you require, I can quickly come to your aid by consulting our extensive catalog.
BEAR PATRON: I don't know the name of that book. I thought you'd know ... You're the librarian. You know about books, don't you?
BEAR LIBRARIAN: If you know the name of the other book - the really good one - I will speedily help you by cross-checking the title by author, and retrieving information on his latest publication.
BEAR PATRON: I don't know. Why don't you know? You're the librarian, aren't you?
BEAR LIBRARIAN: Do you know what this book is about? Do you like to read books like this one? Is it a particular genre? Perhaps I could make some very very useful book suggestions.
BEAR PATRON: I want that book. It's by the man who wrote the other one. You know, the really good one. Why don't you know? You're the librarian, aren't you?
BEAR LIBRARIAN: Have you read any books before? Any at all? Junior fiction counts. Picture books count. Cloth books with pictures of smiling elephants will do. Are you even literate? Do you know your alphabet? If so, I can help you ... because I'm a librarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment