Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Case Study No. 1010: Frances Norburg

Playing Games from "Enemy Of My Enemy" | TOUCH | FOX BROADCASTING
1:12
Amelia inadvertently demonstrates her clairvoyance.

Subscribe now for more Touch clips: http://fo x.tv/SubscribeFOX

Tune in to TOUCH Friday 9/8c on FOX!

See more of Touch on our official site: http://fo x.tv/TOUCH
Like Touch on Facebook: http://fo x.tv/TOUCH_FB
Follow Touch on Twitter: http://fo x.tv/TOUCH_Twitter
Add Touch on Google+: http://fo x.tv/Touch_Plus

Like FOX on Facebook: http://fo x.tv/FOXTV_FB
Follow FOX on Twitter: http://fo x.tv/FOXTV_Twitter
Add FOX on Google+: http://fo x.tv/FOXPlus

We are all interconnected. Our lives are invisibly tied to those whose destinies touch ours.

Blending science, spirituality and emotion, the series follows seemingly unrelated people from across the world, all of whose lives impact each other in ways seen and unseen, known and unknown. At the center of the story is MARTIN BOHM (Sutherland), a widower and single father who struggles to communicate and connect with his emotionally challenged 12-year-old son, JAKE (David Mazouz). Determined, thoughtful and caring, Martin continues to try anything - and everything - to reach his son. But Jake still hasn't spoken.

Playing Games from "Enemy Of My Enemy" | TOUCH | FOX BROADCASTING
http://www.you tube.com/user/FoxBroadcasting
Tags: Touch (television series) thriller drama series premonition numbers clairvoyance kiefer sutherland maria bello danny glover FOX science spirituality emotion mute martin bohm jake bohm lucy robbins Professor Arthur teller television Kiefer Sutherland tv Fox Broadcasting Company tim kring francis lawrence david mazouz gugu mbatha-raw Jack Bauer 24 Madrid
Added: 7 months ago
From: FoxBroadcasting
Views: 1,308

[scene opens with Frances and Amelia sitting at a table, as the older woman is setting up a board game]
FRANCES: This is a game of chance, with a little skill thrown in. It's fun, I'll show you how to play.
[she continues setting up the game, while Amelia stares blankly at the ground]
FRANCES: So what did you think of that book?
AMELIA: I prefer non-fiction, but I liked it.
FRANCES: You read the whole thing?
AMELIA: I liked the part where Scott says you never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view ... "Until you climb into his skin, and walk around in it."
FRANCES: [pause] I don't remember that.
AMELIA: Page one seventy seven, twelve lines from the bottom.
FRANCES: So, first I roll ...
[she rolls the pair of dice]
FRANCES: Five ... I take my piece and move it five spaces.
[she takes the green piece and moves it on the board]
FRANCES: Now you go.
[Amelia takes her red piece and (without rolling) moves it nine spaces]
FRANCES: No honey, you have to roll the dice first. That way--
[Amelia takes the dice (seemingly not listening to what Frances is saying) and ends up rolling a nine]
FRANCES: [pause] Amelia ... did you know the dice would land on nine?
AMELIA: Your turn.

---

From wordpress.com:

TOUCH (S2E4) Enemy of My Enemy Recap

The book at Amelia's house is "To Kill A Mockingbird". Frances (Linda Gehringer) says, "Today won't be a workday; it's a chance to get to know each other." Amelia is speed reading.

Frances gets out a red board game called Tokeekol [not a real game name]. Amelia talks about the book, about "not understanding a person until you see their point of view." It's on page 177, 12 lines from the bottom. Amelia moves her piece then rolls the red dice (which match, number 9). The woman asks her if she knows what she'll roll next. Amelia moves the woman's piece 2 moves; the woman rolls snake eyes. Amelia sees herself winning the entire game.

---

From wikia.com:

The mother of Calvin Norburg. She is called to be Amelia's handler in protective custody.

First Appearance
Frances makes her first appearance in the episode "Closer" (Season 2 Episode 2).

High school librarian Frances unexpectedly retires, claiming she plans to travel. She confesses to her heartbroken boyfriend, Carl, that she's entering witness protection and gives him her new phone number.

At BreakWire, Trevor shows a video of Calvin's speech to Martin, who sees a potential ally against Aster Corp. Trevor stops the video at 5:00, when Vikash Nayar approaches Calvin, and offers to find out where Vikash is staying.

Vikash meets Calvin at his hotel, confirming he's taking his money out of Aster Corp. He gets a call and insists on leaving alone, but his bodyguard secretly follows. Outside, Martin contrives a story to share a cab with Vikash, but soon he's warning about Aster Corp. and asking to contact Calvin. Nearly at his destination, Vikash bails. Martin follows, paying the driver to wait.

On the pier, a bubbly girl named Soleil befriends Jake, and Lucy chats with Soleil's mom.

The black van pulls up near Vikash. Thugs demand ransom for his father - the riverbed sculptor. Martin runs up, and a shootout ensues when Vikash's bodyguard arrives. Martin hustles Vikash into the cab, saying the kidnapping is a ruse: Aster Corp. plans to kill him. They head to BreakWire.

In Barcelona, the man who killed Frederick LeMay plots a Fibonacci spiral on a map and tattoos numbers from the Amelia Sequence on his bicep. At a posh reception, he charms Rosemary Mathis, designer of a new cathedral, who has the same gift of seeing patterns. Later, she confesses she would give up her gift, choose a different path, just to be normal. Even so, he's tempted not to kill her . . . but ultimately he slashes her neck.

While Martin talks to Lucy outside BreakWire, the kidnappers nab Vikash. With Jake's help, they foil the thugs at the riverbed camp. When the sun hits the sculpture, Lucy is amazed to see an image of Amelia projected on the trestle.

Frances meets Amelia, telling the girl she's going to take care of her from now on.

The Other Son
In the episode "Eye to Eye", it is revealed in an article from the Santa Monica Times that Frances has another son who suffered severe brain damage in a car accident (and this is why Calvin had Amelia kidnapped so that he could study her brain patterns in search of a cure for his brother).

blueorbsearch.com/SantaMonicaTimes
Longtime local librarian retires
Yesterday was Frances Norburg's last day behind that desk, and after nearly 2 decades behind the counter, she said she's ready for retirement. Her many regulars, while admitting they're happy for Frances, seem more reluctant to lose their longtime librarian. "Ms. Frances is the BEST. We will Miss You" reads a handpainted sign still hung outside.
Frances is looking forward to spending more time with her two children, William and Calvin, and also hopes to do some travelling with some of her newfound free time. She will, however, retain her position on the board of executives at the Greyber Institute, which is an exclusive brain injury facility here in Santa Monica.

Death
In the episode "Broken", an unseen person breaks into the home where Calvin has Frances and Amelia staying; when Calvin eventually returns to the house, he finds that Amelia has gone missing and his mother has been killed with a single gunshot wound to the head.

---

From imdb.com:

[Frances enters the library of West Los Angeles High School and finds the staff waiting to throw her a surprise party]
Louise: If you'd given us a little more notice, we coulda done better than a grocery store cake and a banner from our dot matrix printer.
Frances: I didn't expect anything like this! Thank you, really!
Louise: Uh, we need plates. Ava, plates. You've never said anything about retiring before.
Frances: Sometimes these things just come over you in a flash. It's time to make a change.
Louise: Like what?
Frances: Oh, I don't know. Travel.
Louise: Where?
Frances: Paris.
Louise: Paris! Oh, I've always wanted to go to Paris!
Frances: I have to.
Louise: Well, we are really gonna miss you around here. When you get back from your trip, please come by and show us your pictures. We'll set up a slideshow in the AV Room.
Frances: Thank you, Louise. Thank you everybody, this is so sweet!

[...]

[Frances is shelving books when a library volunteer confronts her]
Carl: Frances. You're really leaving.
Frances: I have to.
Carl: Is it someone else?
Frances: It's not someone else.
Carl: Oh, I can see it. You got the new laptop, the Facebook account. I should've known.
Frances: I didn't meet anyone, Carl, online or anywhere else.
Carl: Well then, what is going on?!
Frances: I'm making some changes in my life. Big changes. They will require all of my energy and my focus. There just won't be time for anything else. It's really as simple as that.
Carl: Paris! Paris was supposed to be about us!
Frances: I'm not going to Paris.
Carl: I heard you tell Louise, I heard you tell her!
Frances: I had to say something.
Carl: Well then, what is going on? Where are you going?!
Frances: I can't really talk about it, but I have to go underground for awhile, and no one can know where I am.
Carl: Not even me?
Frances: Especially you! I don't want you getting involved in this! I couldn't live with myself if you got hurt.
Carl: I am hurting right now.
Frances: I am so sorry, Carl. I don't have a choice.

[...]

[Frances is leaving the high school as Carl chases after her]
Carl: Don't do this, Frances! Don't cut me out of your life!
Frances: You are making this so much harder!
Carl: It should be hard! It should be impossible!
Frances: It is.
[he kisses her]
Frances: I can't tell you what I'm doing, or why.
[she writes a phone number on a piece of paper]
Frances: This is my new phone number. Please, don't tell anyone.

[...]

[Frances enters a house where Amelia is being held against her will]
Frances: Hi, Amelia. My name's Frances. I'm gonna take care of you from now on. Just me, no one else. I know you've been lonely. I know you miss your mother. I'm sorry she left you. I'm a mother, and it breaks my heart to see a child so all alone. I'm alone, too. We can keep each other company. Maybe we'll go to the beach tomorrow. You love the beach, don't you?
Amelia: I like the tides.
Frances: I brought you a book on tides.

No comments:

Post a Comment