Friday, September 13, 2013

Case Study No. 0987: Mary (Harvest Moon, More Friends of Mineral Town)

Harvest Moon: MFoMT. Gray's Rival Heart Events - Black
1:30
This is Gray's first rival heart event, where Mary (Who runs the Library) goes to thank Saibara for upgrading a tool for her. Gray cuts himself and Mary fusses over him and invites him to visit her in the Library.

Enjoy.

Disclaimer - I do not own Harvest Moon - MFoMt or any other games.
Tags: Harvest Moon Player Kimberley Events Black Gray Mary
Added: 5 years ago
From: Originalistic9876543
Views: 10,007

From wikia.com:

"Harvest Moon: More Friends Of Mineral Town" ("Bokuj Monogatari: Mineral Town no Nakama Tachi for Girls", lit. "Ranch Story: Companions of Mineral Town for Girls") is the female version of "Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town."

In this game, the main character is a girl, and can marry one of the five normal bachelors: Kai, Rick, Doctor, Cliff and Gray; and another three special bachelors in Mineral Town: Won, the Kappa, and the Gourmet Judge. In Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town the player starts in the city, reading their newspaper. She sees an advertisement for a beautiful farm, and, excited by the prospect of rural life, decides to buy it. She visits the farm and finds out she was tricked, as the farm is run down and in need of maintenance. As she had already quit her job and sold her apartment, the player resolves to make the farm prosper the best she can, beginning the game. The base game remains almost unchanged, with the exception of several gameplay changes, improvements, and fixes.

Marriage Candidates

Like the boy version of this game, you may choose to get married. In the girl version, the rivals in the boy versions now take place as the possible choices, leaving the previous possible wives the new rivals. Cliff, Doctor, Rick, Gray, and Kai, along with the Gourmet, Kappa and Won. However, the Gourmet and Kappa will not live with the player, similar to the Harvest Goddess.

Like the previous game, you may request your spouse to be a stay-at-home one, however, you will not have that option with Won. If Kai is married, he will live in Mineral Town permanently. you may also have a child 90 days after marriage if you've kept your husband at a high love level. But, your child will always be a girl and grow to be a toddler.

Rivals

The bachelorettes from the boy version of this game are now your rivals, who will go on to marry their counter-part if the player does not stop them.

Shops

Poultry Farm- A chicken farm ran by Popuri, Rick, and Lillia. You can obviously buy chickens here, you can also buy chicken feed and animal medicine. Through this, you can have chickens in your farm that lay eggs everyday for you to sell in the shipment box. Zack will get it by 05pm. You can also sell your chickens.

Yodel Farm- A cow farm ran by Barley, May lives here too. Joanna, Barley's daughter, has left May under his care while she is exploring the world outside Mineral Town. Here you can buy cows, sheep, fodder, animal medicine, cow/ sheep miracle potion, animal medicine, and a bell. You can also sell your sheep and cows.

Blacksmith Shop- A blacksmith shop ran by Saibara, Grey is usually here. Here you can buy jewelry, the yarn maker, the cheese maker, the mayonnaise maker, more tools, and you can upgrade your other tools. Level Up Tools with: Copper-1000g Silver-2000g Gold-3000gb Mystrile-5000g Brush-800g Milker-1500g Sheers-2100g Makers: Mayonnaise, Cheese, Yarn-20000 Jewelery-1000g

Kai's Shack- A restaurant ran by Kai, only open in the summer, you can obviously buy food here.

Zack's House/ Won's shop- Zack lives here and Won runs a little shop here.

Inn- An inn ran by Doug and Ann. Grey and Cliff stay here, Kai is here during the summer, and after you link to Harvest Moon- Another Wonderful Life, Van and Lou will stay here sometimes. Here you can order food during the day and at night you can buy drinks. Also, when you see an item on the shopping network, you can use the phone here to order it. Use Phone:10g Food: Water-0g Box Lunch-500g Salad-300g Apple Pie-300g Cheesecake-250g Cookies-200g

Aja Winery- A winery ran by Manna and Duke. Here you can buy wine and grape juice. Grape Juice-100g

Library- A library ran by Mary. You cannot buy anything here, but there are a lot of very helpful books available.

Grocery Store- A grocery store ran by Karen, Sasha, and Jeff. You can buy seeds, food items, and other miscellaneous items here. Seeds: Turnips-Spring Potatoes-Spring Cucumbers-Spring Onions-Summer Tomatoes-Summer Corn-Summer Sweet Potatoes-Fall Eggplants-Fall Carrots-Fall Grass-All Seasons Cooking Ingredients: Bread-100g Riceballs-100g Curry Powder-50g Flour-50g Oil-50g Chocolate-100g Dumpling Powder(Muffin Mix)-100g Miscellaneous Items: Basket-5000g Rucksack M-3000g Rucksack L-5000g Blue Feather-1000g

Clinic- A clinic ran by Elli and Doctor. You can buy medicine or get a checkup here. Checkup-50g Medicine: Bodigizer-500g Bodigizer XL-1000g Turbojolt-1000g Turbojolt XL-2000g

Church- A church ran by Carter. You can confess or remove a cursed tool here. Confession: You can only confess on Mondays Wednesdays, and rainydays between 1pm and 4pm Remove Cursed Tools-1000g

Wood Cutter's house- Gotz lives here. You can upgrade buildings on your farm here. You can also buy the town cottage.

---

From ign.com:

"Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town"
Guide to Bachelors and Heart Events in MFoMT

GRAY:

Birthday: 6 Winter

Gray is the grandson of Saibara, the local Blacksmith, and he works as his
Apprentice at the forge. He suffers from a lack of self-confidence and self-
esteem due to his grandfather's very high, exacting standards. Your rival for
Gray's affection is Mary, a very shy girl who runs the local Library and who
is an aspiring novelist.
Gray can be found usually at the forge in the morning and on some afternoons,
he will be found at the library. He lives actually at the Inn and you can
find him upstairs there at night, sharing a room with Cliff and Kai.
As an aspiring blacksmith, he has ambitions to make beautiful jewelry and is
very fond of all ores and gems.

The least valuable gift that will win Gray's heart is Copper.

Gray's Schedule:

Every day but Monday and Thursday:

Arrives at the forge each morning rain or shine at 7.40 a.m. and is there
until 1.00 p.m., when he walks to the Library, no matter what the weather.
He reaches the Library at 1.40 p.m. and stays there until 4.00. After that,
he goes to his room upstairs at the Inn if he is not married, but if he is
married, he goes to Basil's house.

On Mondays, he will go to the forge at 7.00 a.m., arriving at 7.40 a.m. He
will leave the forge at 1.00 p.m. and arrive at the Inn at 1.40 p.m. He will
remain at the Inn for the rest of the day.

On Thursdays, if Gray is not married to Mary, he will be found on the Peak
with Saibara from 8.00 a.m. to 10.00 a.m.

Gray's Likes and Dislikes:

Most favourite gifts:
Copper, Silver, Gold (all ores in fact), Baked Corn, Fried Noodles, Fried
Rice, Candied Potato, Savoury Pancakes, Omelet Rice, Orichalc, Chocolate,
Diamonds, Peridot, Rubies, Emeralds, Amethyst, Agate, Sand Rose, Fluorite,
Cake, Chocolate Cake, Pancakes, Pudding, Curry Rice, Pink Diamond, Baked Corn,
Cheese Cake, Ice Cream

Gifts that he loves:
moon dumplings, fried buckwheat noodles, roasted rice cake, regular egg,
bread, wine, cheese fondue, corn, popcorn, corn flakes, tomato, mayonnaise,
stew, Eggs over Rice; potato pancakes, Tempura Buckwheat Noodles, Dinner Roll,
Toast, Curry Noodles

Gifts he will accept:
noodles, blue grass, tempura, tempura rice, strawberry jam, mixed latte, black
grass, cucumber, honey, small fish, wild grapes, omelet, white grass, flour,
dumpling mix, oil, milk, mushroom rice, sandwich, boiled egg, sushi, black
grass, pink cat grass, fruit latte, honey, apple, fish, yarn, salad, butter,
spinach, onion, pineapple, fruit juice, miso soup, relaxation tea leaves,
relaxation tea, strawberries, grape jam, apple jam, rice gruel, toasted rice
ball, Buckwheat Noodles with Tempura, Elli leaves, Raisin Bread, Jam Bun,
Butter, Truffle Rice, grape juice, chirashi sushi

Gifts he dislikes:
Mountain Stew, spa egg, dumpling powder, turnip, bamboo shoots

Gifts he detests:
pickles, poisonous mushrooms, pickled turnips, boiled spinach
(greens), fish bones, stone, weed, boot, Pirate's Treasure

Gray's actual reactions to items:

'Smells good. I love it. Thanks.' for Baked Corn

'Thanks. I like having classy friends like you,' for Copper, Silver, Gold
(all ores in fact), Fried Noodles, Fried Rice, Candied Potato, Savoury
Pancakes, Omelet Rice, Orichalc, Chocolate, Diamonds, Peridot, Rubies,
Emeralds, Amethyst, Agate, Sand Rose, Fluorite, Cake, Chocolate Cake,
Pancakes, Pudding, Curry Rice, Pink Diamond, Baked Corn, Cheese Cake, Ice
Cream, Pudding,

'Thanks a lot! Any time you want to give me something, I'm ready to
receive!' for fish, honey, milk, egg, strawberry, pineapples, cucumber, moon
dumplings, fried buckwheat noodles, roasted rice cake, regular egg, bread,
wine, cheese fondue, corn, popcorn, corn flakes, tomato, mayonnaise, stew,
Eggs over Rice; potato pancakes, Tempura Buckwheat Noodles, Dinner Roll,
Toast, Curry Noodles, cheese, pizza

The following are items to which he is indifferent:

'Thanks.' for noodles, blue grass, tempura, tempura rice, strawberry jam,
mixed latte, black grass, cucumber, honey, small fish, wild grapes, omelet,
white grass, flour, dumpling mix, oil, milk, mushroom rice, sandwich, boiled
egg, sushi, black grass, pink cat grass, fruit latte, honey, apple, fish,
yarn, salad, butter, spinach, onion, pineapple, fruit juice, miso soup,
relaxation tea leaves, relaxation tea, strawberries, grape jam, apple jam,
rice gruel, toasted rice ball, Buckwheat Noodles with Tempura, Elli leaves,
Raisin Bread, Jam Bun, Butter, Truffle Rice, grape juice, chirashi sushi, rice
ball, truffle, sandwich, grilled fish, sashimi, chirashi sushi, white grass,
sushi, french toast

The following are items he dislikes:

'I'll take this off your hands, but you don't need to give it to me again,
OK?' for Mountain Stew, spa egg, dumpling powder, turnip, bamboo shoots

The following are items he detests:

'What a jerk! Don't give that to me!' for pickles, poisonous mushrooms,
pickled turnips, boiled spinach
(greens), fish bones, stone, weed, boot, Pirate's Treasure, red grass

Reaction if you show him your dog:

'You're kind of funny, if you think that's a big deal.'

GRAY'S RESPONSES IN CONVERSATION

At black heart at the forge:
'Ah... can I help you?' Then: Freyashawk, you work so hard all by yourself.

At purple heart at the forge:
'Hello, Freyashawk. How is your farm?'
Then: You inspire me to work harder.'

At purple heart on the road:
'How's the farm?' then, 'I'm doing okay. Not too bad, no too good.'

At blue heart level at the Forge: 'Hello. What's up?'
Then: 'I want to become much better and make lots of things.'

At green heart at the Forge:
'Hey Freyashawk. Farming must be hard. Grandpa and I are very impressed by
you.'

At pink heart at the Forge:
'Hello, Freyashawk. How are you?' Then: 'Farmng must be very demanding. Are
you okay all by yourself?'

At red heart at the Forge:
Hello, Freyashawk. How are you? I'm working hard.' Then, 'I want you to buy
an item I make someday.'

The responses that never change:

At the library: 'Books have some really interesting stories, you know.'
Then, 'Mary always suggests such great books for me to read.'

On the Peak on Thursday mornings: 'Grandpa makes me go hiking on my days off.
Learn from the nature...' Then, '... Concentrate..............'

At the Inn at night: 'Hi there. Do you need something?' Then: 'Shouldn't you
be getting back to the farm around now?' (I always thought this very rude and
he will say it at every heart level!)

GRAY'S HEART AND RIVAL HEART EVENTS

Your rival for Gray is Mary, who is the local librarian. She is the daughter
of Basil and Anna. Basil is the local botanist, whose books are collected in
the library and Anna is a celebrated maker of desserts who will invite you to
join her private cooking class in her home with Manna.

Gray's 1st heart event and rival heart event, aka 'black heart event':

Gray's 1st heart event:
Location: Saibara's forge at 10.00 a.m. on Tuesday, entering the forge after
Gray does; I try to trigger this on Tuesday, 3 Spring in my first year; if you
leave the forge after this event and return directly to the forge, you will
trigger Gray's 1st rival heart event

The first rival heart event between Gray and Mary:
Location: Saibara's forge at 10.10 a.m.; I try to trigger this on Tuesday, 3
Spring in my first year

Gray's 2nd heart event and rival heart event, aka 'purple heart event':

Gray's 2nd heart event:
Location: Inn on 2nd floor at 6.30 p.m. on Thursday night; I try to trigger
this on Thursday, 19 Spring in my 1st year

The second rival heart event between Gray and Mary:
Location: Library at 2.00 p.m.; I try to trigger this on Tuesday, 3 Spring in
my first year (note that Mary still will be at black heart level at this
point in time)

Gray's 3rd heart event and rival heart event, aka 'blue heart event':

Gray's 3rd heart event:
Location: your farm at 6.00 a.m. on Monday morning; Gray will be at your door
when you exit your house; I try to trigger this on Monday, 30 Spring, although
you have little control over this event; must have largest rucksack and empty
item slot; obtain silver brooch, a hand-forged gift from Gray

The third rival heart event between Gray and Mary:
Location: Peak at 7.20 a.m. This can be triggered on any Friday in Spring or
another season in your second year or later

Gray's 4th heart event and rival heart event, aka 'orange heart event':

Gray's 4th heart event:
Location: Forge at 12.10 p.m. on Monday; I try to trigger this on Monday, 28
Summer in my 1st year; event ends upstairs at the Inn at 2.00 p.m.

The fourth rival heart event between Gray and Mary:
Location: Library at 1.50 p.m. This can be triggered on Saturday in Spring
any time between 1.40 p.m and 3.50 p.m.; wedding takes place 7-8 days later

Marriage Event between Gray and Mary
Location: Peak; triggered it on Thursday at 3.40 p.m., four days after
wedding; can be triggered any time between 1.40 p.m. and 3.50 p.m. at the Peak

[...]

Gray's 1st rival heart event:

At 10.10 a.m. on Tuesday, 3 Spring, directly after experiencing his first
heart event, I went back inside the Forge and came upon an event with Mary
and Gray:

Saibara; Is there something you need?
Mary: You upgraded a tool for me. It's so much easier to use now. I wanted
to thank you.
Saibara (with music): I didn't know it mattered so much... I'm glad we were
able to help!
Just come again if you need anything else. OK?
Mary: OK. Thanks very much.
Gray: Ouch!
Both Saibara and Mary: (!)
Saibara: What's wrong?
Gray: Oh... just a scratch.
Mary:(!) But you're bleeding!
Saibara: It's my own fault for not paying more attention.
Gray: I said I'm fine!
Mary: Stop that! Just wait one second...
Just hold your hand still... please!
Mary: How's this?
Gray: ...Th-Thanks.
Mary: Don't mention it!
Alright... I'm going back to the Libary now. Come around any time!
Saibara: I'll do that!
Gray: I'll see you there!
Mary: Bye, now!

She left, and I went up to Saibara and Gray.
Gray: Mary's nice...
Saibara: What's wrong with Gray? He's been smiling non-stop!

*****

Gray's 2nd heart event:

On Thursday, 19 Spring at 6.30p.m. I went upstairs at the Inn and got a scene
with Gray:

Gray: Ah... Hello. Freya, can I ... Can I talk to you?
Me: ?
Gray: Sorry about the other day. I really am.
I was just so frustrated at that time.,,
(I shook my head not to worry.)
Gray; (with music): Ah... Thanks. I'm not really good with new people...
But, I feel comfortable talking to you.
Gray: (!) Oh, hey Freya. You ship mine items, don't you? Because of my
work, I'm into ores and gemstones. I want to practice making something
besides what my grandpa tells me to... You know, I have much to learn...

My choices:

Of course.
You're great!

I chose: You're great!

Gray (with music): I'm not. I have a long way to go before I surpass my
grandfather. When I get better, I'll make you something. That's a promise.
(I nod)
Gray: ...But don't get too excited, okay?
Gray: (.....)

After:
Gray: I'll try harder.

*****

Gray's 2nd rival heart event:

At 2.00, going back into town, I got a scene at the Library between Gray and
Mary:

Mary: (!) Hello there.
Gray: (!) Hello.
Mary: Thanks for coming! The other people in this town never read books, you
know.
Gray: Really? But there are so many great books here!
Mary: It's nice of you to say so.
(with music): I'm writing a novel... Do you want to read it? I'd love to
hear your opinion.
Gray: You're writing a book? That's incredible!
Mary: It's not such a big deal. Do you want to read it?
Gray: If you really want me to read it, I'd love to!
Mary: (with music): Great! I'll bring it to you later.
Gray: OK.

After:
Mary: This is the first time I've shown my work to any one, so I'm a little
nervous...
Gray: Mary's novel... I can't wait to read it!

*****

Gray's 3rd heart event:

On Monday, 30 Spring, when I went outside at 6.00 a.m. in the moring, Gray was
there, and the heart music was playing;
Gray: Hey... Freya...
My grandpa yelled at me again, but I don't feel as bad as last time. Somehow
I'm starting to feel more confident and proud of what I do now. Eugenia, I
actually wanted to ask you something today.
Me:?
Gray (with music): Ah... I've never seen you wearing jewelry, but are you
interested in it?

My choices:
A little...
Absolutely not!

I said, 'A little...'
Gray (with music): I see. I guess a lot of girls do like jewelry including
you. Don't take it negatively, okay?
Gray (with tear): Ah... Did I make you upset?
I shake my head no.)
Gray: Phew, good. Actually, there is something I want you to have.
Me: ?
(Gray threw a blue brooch at me.)
Gray: I hope you like it...
Gray (with tear): I made this on my own secretly from Grandpa. I'm not nearly
as good as him, but still it's a good achievement for me. I made this for
you. I want you to have it. I just wanted to make sure you like stuff like
that, you know? I hope you like it.
(Gray left. The silver brooch he made is gorgeous!)

*****

Gray's 3rd rival heart event:

I walked up to the Peak and I got the 3rd rival heart scene between Mary and
Gray at 7.10 a.m.:

Gray: Mary, your novel was really great!
Mary: You mean it? That makes me glad I wrote it.
Mary (with music afterwards)
Gray: I think you'll get even better with practice! And I can't do
anything...
Mary: What's wrong, Gray?
Mary: (?)
Gray: (...)
Gray: I just don't get any beter at being a blacksmith!
I don't have any talent, unlike you...
Mary (...): That's wrong, Gray!
Gray: Why?
Mary: Hmm... Do you like being a blacksmith, Gray?
Gray: ... I guess so.
Mary: Do you like it or not?
Gray: (...)
Mary: I think whatever you are trying to do... A blacksmith or an author. If
you really love what you do, you'll be good at it. Of course, I can't write
real novels, yet. But I want to, more than anything. So I work hard at it.
Gray: Mary...
Mary: So, if you really love being a blacksmith, then eventually you'll
improve.
Gray: (...)
Mary: Shall we get back now?
Gray: Sure.

They left without noticing me.

*****

Gray's 4th heart event:

On Monday, 28 Summer in my first year, I got a heart scene with Gray when I
entered the forge at 11.50 a.m.:

Saibara: If it isn't Freya. Will you come over here for a second?
Me:?
Saibara: Freya, you seem to enjoy Gray's company.
Just like me, he's not very amiable, so I was worried about him, but...
I'm glad that you've become a good friend of his. I've been quite impressed
by his attitude towards his work lately, but...
I can tell something is troubling him from his work.
Me: ?
Saibara: Gray!
Gray: What is it? Hey, Freya, what's up?
Saibara: Gray, let's call it a day.
Gray: (!) What? This is unusual...
Saibara: I know Freya is the reason why your heart is elsewhere.
Eugenia, can you spend some time with him today?

Fade to black... We go to his room upstairs at the Inn.

Gray: (with tear) : Sorry... Grandpa is unbelievable sometimes.
(I nod, it does not signify.)
Gray; Do you think you will live in Mineral Town forever?

Of course!
I don't know.

Of course!
Gray (with music): Really? Good! You know, there are people like Kai who
likes to move around, and some others just move away and never come back like
my father. Ah... And I was wondering what your future plans are...

Gray (with tear): Ah... But...
I just wanted to say I'd miss you if you moved away...
I don't have too many friends and ... I like you.
... I mean, as a friend.
(I nod.)
Gray: Well, see you later...

After: Let's do that again.

It was 2.00 p.m. when I left the Inn's upstairs room.

*****

Gray's 4th rival heart event:

At 1.40 p.m., I entered the library and found a scene between Gray and Mary:

Gray (with music): Lately Gramps is finally letting me do some real work.
Mary: That's great!
Gray: Well, just small things...
Mary: That's still good, right?
Gray: I guess...
Mary: ...? What's wrong?
Mary: (?)
Gray: I was just thinking that I owe everything to you.
Mary: Me? But I haven't done anything!
Gray: Talking to you on the peak of the mountain made me realise what's wrong
with me.
Mary: Oh yeah... I'm glad anything I said was useful...
Gray: If you hadn't said that, then I might have given up!
Saibara said he would give me a test on my skills. If I pass it, there's
something I want to ask you.
Mary: What is it!?
Mary: (?)
Gray: (with tear): I have to pass the test first! Forget I said it...
Mary: If you say so...

After:
Gray: I just have to pass that test!
Mary: I wonder what Gray wants?

And as usual with a scene, if I try to go upstairs, Mary says: 'We're still
arrranging the books upstairs, so please don't go up there.'

*****

Gray's Marriage Event with Mary

When I went up to the Peak at 3.40 p.m., Gray and Mary were there and I
witnessed a scene:

Gray: I hear that your latest book is selling like hotcakes, Mary.
Mary: Yeah, the publisher even wants me to write a sequel.
Gray: Hmm....
Mary: (....) Why don't you seem very happy about it, Gray? Aren't you glad
for me?
Gray: It's not like that... It's just that, well...
Mary: It's not like you to not say what you think, Gray.
Gray: (....) OK... I'm worried about your health!
Mary?
Gray: When you wrote the last book, you stayed up late every night working on
it. You were so tired all the time I couldn't help but worry!
I didn't want to stop you from doing what you wanted, though.
Mary: Thanks for caring about me so much, Gray.
Gray: Of course I do!
Mary: (shows big red heart): In that case, I promise not to work so hard
writing the next one.
Gray: I'll try to do what I can to help, too.
Mary: I'm glad I married you, Gray!
Gray: Now you're making me embarrassed...!

After:
Mary: I'm touched he cares about me like that. I promise not to make him
worry any more. I'm so glad I married him!
Gray: My face is red...? It's nothing, nothing...

No comments:

Post a Comment