Thursday, January 17, 2013

Case Study No. 0730: "I am the very model of a modern school librarian"

Model of a Modern School Librarian
2:29
Light parody of Gilbert & Sullivan's "I Am the Very Model of a Modern Major General." Serious advocacy for modern school librarians.
Tags: xtranormal
Added: 2 years ago
From: hamer1y
Views: 906

I am the very model of a modern school librarian
I have knowledge of curricula, parochial and sectarian
I know my reader's every wish, I am utilitarian
Whatever media you want, you can be sure I carry them
I'm very well-acquainted, too, with matters hypothetical
I've grown accustomed to the notion that I am parenthetical
I'm not afraid to fight for rights that just might get me on the news
My collection's representative of multiple opposing views
I'm very good at helping teachers integrate technology
In science, art, or math, or even modern anthropology
In short, I know curricula parochial and sectarian
I am the very model of a modern school librarian
I know what information is in all things educational
I answer every question asked, I'm very inspirational
I solve conundrums in my sleep, you'll say that I am fabulous
My purview includes every single member of the populace
I can recount the theories of Ranganathan and Jean Piaget
I know how a child develops, I differentiate from day to day
I cater to all cultures, I embrace complete diversity
After all, I have a master's from a major university
I keep abreast of legislation - local, state, and national
And espouse that current policies are faulty and irrational
In short, I know curricula parochial and sectarian
I am the very model of a modern school librarian
In fact, when I know what is meant by "status highly qualified"
When I know when my status as curriculor is nullified
When I petition that my presence leads to higher achievement
When overlooked I know precisely what is meant by "bereavement"
When I enumerate my contributions universally
When I decry my undervaluation controversially
In short, when I pronounce that the payoff might cost in dividends
You'll say better school librarian has never ever been
For all my years developing a literate society
I find myself in battle with my shushing notoriety
But still, I know curricula parochial and sectarian
I am the very model of a modern school librarian

No comments:

Post a Comment