Monday, June 11, 2012

Case Study No. 0374: "Adam Carolla versus Tijuana librarians!"

Adam Carolla versus Tijuana librarians!
1:42
Adam discusses the merits of Tijuana's library system with comedian Paul Rodriguez.

From the May 12th (2011) edition of "The Adam Carolla Podcast."

http://www.adamcarolla.com/ ACPBlog/2011/05/12/ paul-rodriguez/

Used without permission.
Tags: adam carolla paul rodriguez donde esta la biblioteca tijuana mexico libraries sexy librarians mexican strip clubs dewey decimal
Added: 1 year ago
From: BoondyAlBoondy
Views: 745

[Adam and his crew are on stage speaking with Latino comedian Paul Rodriguez]
ADAM CAROLLA: Let's see, all I can say is "Me llamo es Paco," because I learned that at North Hollywood High.
PAUL RODRIGUEZ: That'll come in handy!
ADAM CAROLLA: And I can, I can say "Me llamo es Paco" ... although I think I should switch out "Paco" for my name, right?
PAUL RODRIGUEZ: I always thought ... Yeah, I always thought in school they teach you worthless Spanish, y'know? "Lapiz en la mesa." "Voy a la biblioteca." You're never gonna use that in real life!
ADAM CAROLLA: [laughs] Where's the library ...
ALISON ROSEN: "I like basketball" ...
PAUL RODRIGUEZ: They should use things like, y'know ... "Que bonita pistola," y'know?
ADAM CAROLLA: Right ...
[the audience laughs]
PAUL RODRIGUEZ: Something that, uh ...
ADAM CAROLLA: Yeah, I've been to Tijuana--
PAUL RODRIGUEZ: "No me mates!"
ADAM CAROLLA: I've been to Tijuana nine times, I was never looking for the library!
[the audience laughs]
ADAM CAROLLA: Like, I was never ... "Where is the library? The biblioteca! The library, I wanna get some studying in over here!"
[the audience laughs]
ADAM CAROLLA: "Hey, I don't come to Tijuana to drink and chase after hookers, I come for your fine collection of books!"
[the audience laughs]
ADAM CAROLLA: Where is the library ... Why do they even have a word for that in Spanish? It's insane!
[the audience laughs]
ADAM CAROLLA: Oh, I'm sorry. That was racist. The point is this ... No tourist is going to Mexico looking for a fucking library!
PAUL RODRIGUEZ: To read, yeah right. Y'know ...
ADAM CAROLLA: Unless there's a strip club in the library that I'm not aware of!
PAUL RODRIGUEZ: Yeah, y'know, you should learn things like ... "Donde esta la OxyContin?" Y'know, or something like that.
ADAM CAROLLA: Yeah ...
ALISON ROSEN: [pause] What does that mean?
ADAM CAROLLA: Where is the--
PAUL RODRIGUEZ: OxyContin.
ADAM CAROLLA: The OxyContin, oh yeah.
ALISON ROSEN: Ohhh ...
ADAM CAROLLA: I, uh, I got the ... I learned "arroz con pollo."
PAUL RODRIGUEZ: Arroz con pollo with OxyContin ...
BRYAN BISHOP: Adam, Adam ... Awesome Tijuana strip club, La Biblioteca! It's all themed like a library, it's like the girls are librarians, sexy librarians!
ADAM CAROLLA: Ooh, that's smart!
PAUL RODRIGUEZ: I like that, that's a good theme, yeah!
BRYAN BISHOP: It could work!
ADAM CAROLLA: Yeah, I ... "Hey, I'm your DJ, Dewey Decimal!"
[the audience laughs]
PAUL RODRIGUEZ: Come, check out our system!
ADAM CAROLLA: Yeah, that'd be a good theme ...
ALISON ROSEN: Filed under "point sixty nine"!
[the audience laughs]

---

From adamcarolla.com:

Adam rants about his busy day, answers an audience member's question about the meaning of life and chats with comedian Paul Rodriguez about a rough experience in Tijuana.

No comments:

Post a Comment