Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Case Study No. 0270: Mr. Dewey/The Pagemaster

The Pagemaster- Whatever You Imagine
3:25
I have always loved The Pagemaster as a child and I thought it made sense to create a music video for it.
I do not own the video clips or audio in this movie.
Tags: Pagemaster Christopher Lloyd
Added: 3 years ago
From: Ballard103
Views: 105,118

From earthlink.net:

THE PAGEMASTER

Hunt, Maurice & Joe Johnston (Directors). The Pagemaster. United States: 20th Century Fox, 1994.

Starring: Christopher Lloyd (Mr. Dewey/Pagemaster); Macaulay Culkin (Richard Tyler)

Colorful entertainment about a boy who, seeking shelter from a storm, enters the library and meets the helpful Mr. Dewey. A gorgeous rotunda, a slip-and-fall, a journey on a runaway bookcart, and the real-boy-turned-animation finds himself in a land of adventure, fantasy and horror. Books are characters. Pirate book: "This is a library, mate. Not everything is as it seems." (Of course the boy gets shushed. I think there's a cinematic law about that.) The books dream of escaping the library. Mr. Dewey is also the Pagemaster: "Keeper of the books, guardian of the written word."

---

From imdb.com:

Mr. Dewey: Welcome to the library, young man. Don't tell me. You're here for a special book.
Richard: Mister...
Mr. Dewey: Stop stop stop. Allow me to guess. I have a talent for guessing what people need. You're in need of a fantasy! Brave knights, mythical fairies, ferocious dragons!
Richard: Look, all I want is...
Mr. Dewey: Adventure! Of course! You're a boy who loves adventure, brimming with wicked demons, cutthroat pirates.
Richard: No, no, that's not it.
Mr. Dewey: Horror! Oh, horror! Evil demons, wicked monsters, haunted houses, graveyards. Yes, it's horror for you, boy. I'm sure of it. Your library card, please.
Richard: I don't have one.
Mr. Dewey: [pulls out a brand new one] You do now. Sign here.
[Richard signs it]
Mr. Dewey: Richard Tyler, consider this your passport to the wonderful and quite unpredictable world of books.
Richard: But I don't want any books.
Mr. Dewey: Hmm?
Richard: That's what I've been trying to tell you. I only came in here 'cause of the storm.
Mr. Dewey: You mean you don't need...?
[Richard shakes his head]
Mr. Dewey: [disappointed] Oh, I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment